CONVENIENT FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
Enroll Today Selecting The Type Of Course You Need:
Heartsaver Instructor Course
The Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course is an online, self-directed course that teaches information needed to instruct AHA’s
Heartsaver classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and skills testing sessions for Heartsaver eLearning courses.
Upon completion of this course, a certificate of completion is available to print and must be presented at the classroom Heartsaver Instructor Course.
Prerequisites for Heartsaver Instructor Essentials
Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current course completion card in Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED or BLS for
Healthcare Providers. Candidates must also have aligned with an AHA BLS Training Center that is accepting new Heartsaver Instructors.
Next Steps for Becoming a Heartsaver Instructor
Following successful completion of the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course, candidates must also:
- Attend the in-person Heartsaver Instructor Course
- Be monitored by Faculty teaching their first course
Upon successful completion of all steps, candidates receive a Heartsaver Instructor card, valid for two years.
- Planning and preparation for courses
- Instructing courses
- Conducting written exams, skills practice and skills testing
- Keeping your Heartsaver Instructor status current
- Includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by BLS coursespecific information
- Course information is available for 12 months following online activation
- Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Online (90-1431)
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA Heartsaver Instructors.