- The BLS Renewal course is the same length as the BLS Initial course.
- Adult and pediatric CPR
- Two-rescuer scenarios and use of a bag-valve device.
- Foreign-body airway obstruction (conscious and unconscious).
- Automated external defibrillation (includes child AED update).
- Special resuscitation situations
- Other cardiopulmonary emergencies
- Stroke and cardiac arrest
- You may register for the renewal course only if your card is still valid.
Online BLS with Skills Testing (HeartCode BLS)
What is BLS?
BLS stands for Basic Life Support. This course includes life-saving techniques that are used until full medical care is available. Utilizing BLS skills can double a victim’s survival rate.
Who should obtain a BLS certification?
Anyone will find this class useful, and may save a life by taking the time to learn these techniques.
The CPR123 BLS Certification Courses are open to healthcare professionals. BLS certification is required for first responders, firefighters, law enforcement personnel, nurses, doctors and so many more.
What will you learn?
In CPR123 BLS Certification Courses, you will learn to describe and utilize the links in the American Heart Association (AHA) Chain of survival:
- Call 911
- BLS is useful in treating cardiac arrest, choking or drowning victims
- Perform 1 and 2 rescuer CPR with rescue breathing using mouth to mouth, mouth to mask, and bag mask device
- Relieve foreign body airway obstruction for the adult, child, or infant victim.