CONVENIENT FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
Enroll Today Selecting The Type Of Course You Need:
The BLS Instructor Essentials Course is an online, self-directed course that teaches information needed to instruct AHA’s BLS for Healthcare Providers and Heartsaver® classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and skills testing sessions for BLS for Healthcare Providers and Heartsaver eLearning courses.
Upon completion of this course, a certificate of completion is available to print and must be presented at the classroom BLS Instructor Course.
Prerequisites for BLS Instructor Essentials
Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current course completion card in BLS for Heathcare Providers. Candidates must also have aligned with an AHA BLS Training Center that is accepting new BLS Instructors.
Next Steps for Becoming a BLS Instructor
Following successful completion of the BLS Instructor Essentials Course, candidates must also:
- Attend the in-person BLS Instructor Course
- Be monitored by Faculty teaching their first course
Upon successful completion of all steps, candidates receive a BLS Instructor card, valid for two years.
- Planning and preparation for courses
- Instructing courses
- Conducting written exams, skills practice and skills testing
- Keeping your BLS Instructor status current
- Includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by BLS course-specific information
- Course information is available for 12 months following online activation
- BLS Instructor Essentials Online (90-1429)
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA BLS Instructors.
The cost of the course includes
- Instructor course
- Instructor manual
- Course monitoring
- Training center alignment