CONVENIENT FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
Enroll Today Selecting The Type Of Course You Need:
ACLS Instructor Essentials Course is an online, self-directed course that teaches information needed to instruct AHA’s ACLS classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and skills testing sessions for HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 eLearning courses.
Upon completion of this course, a certificate of completion is available to print and must be presented at the classroom Instructor Course.
Prerequisites for ACLS Instructor Essentials
Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current course completion card in ACLS. Candidates must also have aligned with an AHA ACLS Training Center that is accepting new ACLS Instructors.
Next Steps for Becoming an ACLS Instructor
Following successful completion of the ACLS Instructor Essentials Course, candidates must also:
- Attend the in-person ACLS Instructor Course
- Be monitored by Faculty teaching their first course
Upon successful completion of all steps, candidates receive an ACLS Instructor card, valid for two years.
- Planning and preparation for courses
- Instructing courses
- Conducting written exams, skills practice and skills testing
- Keeping your ACLS Instructor status current
- Includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by ACLS
- Course information is available for 12 months following online activation
- ACLS Instructor Essentials Online (90-1432)
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA ACLS Instructors